Monday, January 26, 2009

No internet, no post

I really did want to write a post and please my fan base, but a lack of Internet definitely puts a damper on that. In this blog post I would like to discuss smells with you. I was on a date recently, and I thought to myself "self, this girl smells very good". This caused me to ponder. I've hung out with girls that could be considered very attractive, but they just smelled funny to me. This is a peculiar phenomenon. How much does smell tie in to how attractive a girl is to you? Does the brain climatize you to the smell of a girl if you REALLY like her but she smells funny at first? Are we more prone to look past obnoxious idiosyncrasies if the girl smells really good? Are the smells predominately controlled by pheromones, or does that girl just plain smell good?

The world may never know.

2 comments:

Utah Picture Stone ` said...

Actually, there have been legit studies done on this. And yes, you are correct. Much of how we are attracted to the opposite sex does have to do with. When people talk about "chemistry" and how sometimes it just isn't there, predominately it has to do with smell attraction.

Flameguin said...

You didn't answer all my questions though. I'm not an idiot, I know that chemistry doesn't happen in classrooms, I'm just wondering how MUCH it has to do with it, and if it can easily be overcome.

PS, I also forgot to mention that you can tell the difference between girls who put perfume on that smells good and girls who legitimately smell good, and she fell into the latter.