Thursday, July 31, 2008

Talk radio haunts my dreams.

I always told my dad I'd die before I listened to talk radio. Then I realized how much the slime infests my life.
An example. I'm pretty politically active, but to keep yourself from sounding like a dimwit when talking to someone, you have to do a little research, maybe read a book or two. Dad usually delivers pretty well for me in this department. He provides reading material and other forms of multimedia for my reading/viewing/listening pleasure. I read an excellent book the other day, by someone named Anne Coulter. It spun my perspective on some issues, and reinforced others. It changed my life. Guess who Anne Coulter is? A conservative who HAS BEEN ON TALK RADIO! Dad decieved me. I'm sure it's just a slippery slope from here on out.
I also am a fan of podcasts, particularly IGN games podcasts. My dad walked in on me listening to one once, and thought it was the Sean Hannity show. I'm worried for my own welfare my friends. I don't want to wind up old and listening to Rush Limbaugh. Any advice?

2 comments:

Utah Picture Stone ` said...

My first piece of advice is to rip out your car radio to remove temptation. My second is to live in deep dark cave in the middle of Mount Vesuvius.

Flameguin said...

sounds exotic. Can I bring the girl of my choice?